From a craft must-have and a baby delight to bakers’ treats and a photographers’ bible – here are a few of the things that are bringing sparkle into our lives right now (besides our Little Buttons!)1. I was very excited when Lorraine Pascale released her latest book, A Lighter Way To Bake, last week. I’ve been a fan since her first book and she is my cooking goddess. Her recipes are always inventive and delicious, and this book features versions that are lighter in calories or sugar, so it’s a win-win purchase. I’m already working my way through the book, and have bookmarked most of the recipes to try at a later date.
2. Sweet Kiddo Co is an Etsy shop based in Texas and I discovered it via Instagram. They sell cute baby leggings, headbands and crocheted treats. I bought one of their headbands to try and I was impressed with their quick international delivery and high quality.
3. A Beautiful Mess Photo Idea Book Blogging gurus Elsie and Emma are our inspiration. When they released this photo idea book we squealed with delight. Their tips for eye-catching photos using different types of cameras are brilliant, and with over 200 gorgeous photos to look at it’s a great buy. We are going to be living and snapping the Beautiful Mess way from now on.
4. StickyGram is a must-have for the avid Instagrammer. This online service is brilliant for turning your Instagram shots into magnets. You get nine photos per magnetic sheet and delivery is free. These made great Christmas presents for friends last year, and now Little Button has arrived it’s a great way to adorn my fridge with her ever-changing face.
5. I was a very happy lady when I first discovered this lovely magazine, Mollie Makes, in a little fabric shop in Bath. Most craft magazines that I’ve come across in the past have been filled with old-fashioned projects, probably aimed at an older generation and covering little but crochet and knitting (and I can’t do either of these!). But Mollie Makes is full of unusual projects, inspirational people and easy-to-follow patterns. I’m obsessed!
6. The Cambridge Satchel Company bags have been on my wish list forever. When I had my Little Button my husband bought me one with my intitals on, to mark the occasion. The satchel is so beautifully crafted and reminds me of such a life-changing and positive time that it’s a joy to take out. It’s not had much use in the seven months I’ve had it (everything just gets crammed in the changing bag these days!) but it did make an appearance this week, which made me very happy.
~Tia & Laura xx ~