Every year, January’s arrival seems to get hidden in the foggy build-up to Christmas, and then… Kaboom! There it is, with its expectations and promises of new starts… all destined to flop at the first hurdle. This year, we’ve been a little under-prepared and even feeling a touch unmotivated, so we thought it would be a good idea to jump on the resolutions bandwagon (even if we are a few days late). Plus, we figured, if they are written down in black and white, they’ll be harder to ignore. We thought long and hard over what resolutions to make and came up with these:
1. Develop our photography skills, working our way through our very own photo challenge. We’ve had a lot of practice of photographing babies this year and whilst it’s our favourite subject to shoot, we’re ready to broaden our photo horizons.
2. (Tia) Finish what I’ve started… I have such a huge pile of half-finished projects, half-read books and half-fixed clothes. 2014 is the year to clear the mess and get them all done!
3. (Laura) Read a fiction book a month. Since my Little Button was born in March I’ve not finished (or really picked up) a book. There’s been the odd baby reference manual or cookery book I’ve delved into but nothing fictional and for fun. I’ve decided to start with The Great Gatsby.
4. (Tia) Do one project from each of my craft books. I have a bad habit of buying sewing books, flicking through them thinking about all the things I’d like to make and then putting them on the shelf never to be opened again. The time has come to make at least one project from each of my craft books.
5. (Laura) Set a personal goal a month. I’ll be the first to admit it but I’m quite goal-driven. I love a challenge, and this year I want to achieve things I don’t think I’m capable of. I’m kicking off this month by giving up chocolate. This might not sound a big deal to some but it’s a challenge for me! The remains of the Christmas chocolates have gone into the loft, or my husband’s belly. Wish me luck and roll on February 1st!
We’re a few days late but we’re so ready for you 2014! What are your resolutions for the year?
~ Tia & Laura xx –