Two of our favourite things are baking and buttons (particularly our little buttons) so when we were sent these delightful cookie stamps from Emma Jane’s Bakery we were thrilled. Emma Jane’s Bakery is an online store specialising in cookie stamps and design-led cakes. All products are designed and hand finished by Emma Jane herself.
Along with the stamps, Emma Jane sent along two recipes and care instructions for the stamps. We love the styling of her range, the attention to detail and the wooden finish of her products. There are eight designs to choose from and personalised stamps are available too.
We decided to test out the stamps using Emma Jane’s deliciously spiced ginger biscuits.
To make approximately 50 biscuits you will need:
- 350g plain flour
- 100g butter
- 2tsp ground ginger
- 2tsp ground cinnamon
- 100g caster sugar
- 3 medium egg yolks
- 3tbs golden syrup
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200C, line and lightly oil three baking trays.
2. Rub the butter into flour, cinnamon and ginger to create a breadcrumb-like texture.
3. Stir in the caster sugar, add the egg yolks and golden syrup and mix into a firm dough.
4. Lightly flour a clean work surface and roll the dough to a thickness of approximately 4-5mm.
5. To help prevent sticking, dust the stamp with flour and tap the excess off. Stamp the dough, then cut out the biscuits and arrange them evenly spaced on the baking trays (they won’t spread much so they can be near to one another).
6. Transfer the baking trays to the fridge to chill for 15-20 minutes.
7. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Alongside her online shop, Emma Jane writes an inspirational baking blog called Cakes and Catwalks and we’re very happy that she will be doing a guest post for us very soon.
For more information and to see the full range of products Emma Jane’s stocks you can:
~ Laura & Tia xx ~