There’s a big pinwheel obsession going on in our household right now. Whilst playing around making paper wheels in the garden, I realised it would be just as easy to make a felt version that would make an awesome hairclip (/brooch/hairband/hatpin/keyring..?). This is a great one if you only have a short space of time and requires very little equipment. I didn’t have a hairclip base so I ripped an ugly one apart. Very satisfying!
You will need:
2 pieces of felt
Rotary cutter (or scissors)
A coordinating button
Needle and thread
1) Begin by measuring out and cutting two 3 inch pieces of felt.
2) Take one piece and glue one side thoroughly. Attach the two pieces together.
3) with the rotary cutter, slice the rough edges away so that each piece is lined up neatly. You could also mark a line with a ruler and use scissors, but the cutter will give a better finish.
4) now snip each corner 1 inch toward the middle of the square.
5) take one corner, fold into the centre and sew in place with a couple of stitches. Repeat the process with the other 3 corners.
6) Attach a button to the centre, then glue the clip in place on the back.
and you’re finished. A wheely gweat (oh dear me, sorry!) hair accessory.