Inspired by all the Great British Bake-Off baking I’ve been watching recently I felt it was time to make something sweet. I turned to past winner of the Bake-Off Jo Wheatley’s book Home Baking for Inspiration and came across these delicious no bake treats. They are perfect with a cup of tea and an episode of the G.B.B.O.
To make 12 large bars you will need:
- 100g unsalted butter, melted
- 25g soft brown sugar
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 400g milk chocolate
- 200g digestive biscuits
- 8 Crunchie bars
1. Put the melted butter, sugar, cocoa powder and golden syrup into a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
2. Break the chocolate into pieces and melt in a heatproof bowl over simmering water.
3. Place the digestive biscuits and Crunchie bars in a sandwich bag and roughly crush with a rolling-pin until you have bite-sized shards in a variety of different shapes. Add to the bowl and mix together to combine.
4. Spoon into the lined tin, press down firmly into all corners and top with the melted chocolate.
5. Chill for half an hour and slice into bars with a hot knife. Return to the fridge to firm completely.