We’ve had an influx of visitors to our house since Grayson was born. I’m pretty sure it was sleep-deprivation that made me think it would be a good idea to bake something simple to offer to guests. And I’m pretty sure it was the sleep-deprivation that made me chuck a load of ingredients together with some oats to make these chocolatey banoffee flapjack bites. They actually tasted rather delicious, so I thought I’d share the recipe.
To make 12 bites you will need:
- 80g unsalted butter
- 60g light brown sugar
- 200g porridge oats
- 2 small bananas
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 handful fudge chunks
1. Begin by preheating the oven to 200 degrees (180 for a fan assisted oven). Next, melt the butter over a medium heat. Once it has melted, add the sugar and dissolve. Take the mixture off the heat.
2. Mash the bananas into a bowl and stir into the mixture. Add the cocoa powder, fudge chunks and porridge oats and combine.
3. Grease and line a square baking tin and tip the mixture in. Using the back of a spoon, press the mixture down firmly until the top is even.
4. Pop the mixture in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until the flapjacks are a medium brown colour.
5. Once cooled, chop into bite-sized chunks. These flapjacks work really well with a glass of milk (I have milk on the brain) or with a cuppa.
Right, I’m off to catch up on some much-needed sleep!
~ Laura xx ~