I made a discovery recently. Parmesan crisps. One ingredient, One minute prep and, erm, one minute eating time. Combine them with homemade nachos and a little salsa and you have an awesome starter or movie snack.
This is the easiest recipe EVER. I’m not sure you can even call it a recipe. All you need is 1 cup of grated parmesan.
1. Take a large non-stick (that’s important!) frying pan and get it on the heat. Sprinkle the grated parmesan evenly across the pan and then leave it to bubble away. Make sure there are no gaps – grate a bit more cheese over any holes to cover them.
2. Leave the cheese to melt down. Once it starts bubbling, leave it about a minute more and then remove from the heat. Leave the pan to cool for fifteen minutes.
3.Very gently ease the parmesan pancake up from the pan. Place it onto a sheet of kitchen roll to get rid of excess oil.
4. Take a large knife and chop the cheese up into triangles.
These DIY nachos are just as easy as the parmesan crisps and much healthier than the shop bought variety as they’re baked not fried.
– 4 tortilla wraps
– 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 200c. Take the pile of wraps and chop them up into triangles.
2. Take a large baking sheet and drizzle olive oil over it, then spread it around evenly. Place the triangles onto the sheet and sprinkle with paprika.
3. Bake in the oven for about five minutes, then take them out and give them a turn, and pop them back in for another 3 minutes.
These taste delicious served together with a little salsa and some guacamole. They’re also pretty toddler friendly – My 2 year old ate most the nachos before I’d finished making the salsa. Hmph.