It was my Little Button’s 2nd birthday recently so I made a batch of party hats for them all to wear. These hats are really simple to make and fun to decorate. One hat can be finished in the space of a short nap.
For this project you will need:
- Pretty scrapbooking paper
- Strong glue
- An assortment of pom poms, ric-rac, ribbons, felt scraps and colourful card
- Thin elastic (for a toddler I used 45cm per hat)
2. Fold the tab over and glue on the patterned side of the scrapbook paper.
3. Roll the hat up and stick it together. You will need to hold it in place while the glue becomes tacky.
4. Now for the fun bit, attach your decorations around the rim and centre of the hats.
5. I made 20 hats so did an assortment of different designs. I used the pom poms as trim and on top of the hats. I also used a sewing machine to stitch together circles cut from card, and glued those onto the bottom of some hats. Basically… anything goes.
6. The final step is to attach the elastic to the hat. Using a pin, make two small holes at either side of the hat. Then thread the elastic through and secure with a knot on the inside of each side.
They make a fun and colourful addition to any birthday table.
If you like our blog, we would love you forever if you could take a tiny two seconds to nominate us for the Best Craft Blog at the 2015 BIB awards… click below to vote. Thank you!
~ Laura xx ~