… because you can! And they’re easy. Only three ingredients and ten minutes required. The good thing about making your own is that you know what goes in them, you can choose to add baby friendly essential oils and you can tailor them to your own child’s delicate little bottom. I found this tutorial from Ouroutofsynclife.com which I used for inspiration. Heres how you do it:
- Kitchen roll (go for a nice soft one, like Bounty)
- 2 tbsp Baby oil
- 2 tbsp Mild baby wash
- a few drops of chamomile or other essential oil
- plastic bag
- A tissue holder or suitable container (I bought this one)
1. Place the baby wash and oil in a jug. Add 1.5 cups of hot water
3. stir it all up with a whisk to combine.
4. Take a roll of kitchen roll and saw it in half with a bread knife. Surprisingly satisfying. Place it into a large bowl and pour the mixture over the top.
5. Leave for a few minutes then pull the cardboard tube out from the middle – it should be easy now that its wet. Place the roll into a plastic bag.
Place the roll and bag in the tissue holder, or another suitable container and pull the central tissue up through the top. And that’s it, all done.