It was our nursery’s fete last week and after promising to turn up with baked goodies for the cake stall, our oven broke, so I had to turn to a no-bake option to avoid arriving empty-handed! These no bake squares are perfect for cake sales and school fetes, and are simple enough for a child to help with the mixing, decorating and, of course, nibbling.
To make 16 squares you will need:
- 400g Oreos
- 300g large marshmallows
- 50g unsalted butter
- 100g chocolate chips
- 200g each of white and milk chocolate
- 100s and 1000s for sprinkling
- Begin by lining a square 9″ baking tin with greaseproof paper. Then crush the Oreos in a sandwich bag using a rolling pin.
- Place the marshmallows and butter in a mixing bowl and heat in a microwave for a minute. You want your marshmallows to go sticky when stirred.
- Add the Oreos and chocolate chips to the mixture and stir until completely combined.
- Spoon the mixture into your tin and press it down firmly.
- Place the mixture in the fridge until firm.
- To decorate, melt the white chocolate and drizzle over the bars. Then add your 100s and 1000s. Leave to harden, cut into squares and serve!