We’re really excited to be in August’s issue of Docrafts Creativity Magazine. They interviewed us about blogging and crafting and featured an alien book bag we made for them. We thought we’d share how to make the bag with you.
You will need:
- 3 A4 pieces of felt in 3 colours
- Square of fabric for pocket
- Mini pom poms
- Scrap of felt
- 2 X large googly eyes
- Embroidery thread
- Strong glue
- Begin by cutting out all your bag pieces:
- Front & back piece: A4 size piece of felt
- Side & bottom panels: 5cm wide x length of A4
- Handles: 3.5cm wide by length of A4. Cut four handles out of two colours
2. Follow our tutorial to stitch the bag together.
3. Cut your square of fabric to the size of a pocket. Use a blanket stitch to sew the pocket onto the front of the bag. Be careful not too sew the front and back of the bag together when doing this.
4. Cut an alien shapes out of felt. Cut a back and a front piece. Thread 10 mini pom poms onto embroidery thread and cut in half so you have two pieces. Tie a knot in each end so the pom poms don’t fall off. Then sew onto the back of one of the alien pieces. Using a blanket stitch sew the two alien pieces together ensuring the pom poms are secure. Glue googly eyes onto the felt and stitch a cross for its nose. Pop him in the pocket.
Thanks to Docrafts for featuring us and if you’d like to read a bit more about us the magazine is on sale now!