If you have any scraps of leather lying around this is a really simple and quick DIY to make a lovely set of feather keyrings. Just find yourself a simple feather silhouette image online and widen the stem so that it’s big enough for your eyelet.
You will need:
- scraps of gold & brown leather (about 15cm x 5cm)
- 1cm gold eyelets
- leather punch, or regular hole punch
- masking tape
1. Begin by drawing out a couple of feathers on paper. You can use the template I made for mine. Make sure that the stem of the feather (stem? stick? you know what I mean!) is wider than your eyelet. Cut the template out roughly, then cut the leather so that it is just a little bigger than the feather.
2. I think its easier to attach the eyelet before cutting your feather shape. This way you know it will fit and you don’t have to fiddle about with lining it up perfectly. Make a hole with the punch at the top of the strip and line this hole in place on the eyelet device. Hammer the eyelet on as per the instructions on the pack.
3. Place the template over the leather and line it up over the eyelet. Tape down then cut out the template and leather in one go.
Then all you need to do is attach the feathers to a keyring, or a necklace even onto a bag. Easy peasy and super speedy.