My Little Button and I made a batch of Halloween Oreo Pops for a party this weekend. These are great for little people to help out with because there aren’t any hot ovens or sharp knives involved. They can create monsters as wacky as their imagination can conjure up, and the messier they are the scarier they look!
For 12-15 Oreo Pops you will need:
- Lollipop sticks
- 2 x packets of Oreo biscuits
- 400g white and 200g milk chocolate
- Sprinkles in Halloween colours
- Candy eyes
- Writing icing
- Piping bag
- Food colouring (optional)
- Begin by melting the chocolate over a pan of boiling water. Leave the chocolate to cool so it’s not too hot for your little helper’s fingers. Colour your white chocolate with food colouring if you like. Carefully twist the Oreos open.
2. Dip the end of the lollipop stick into the chocolate and pop it into the middle of the Oreo half with the cream filling. Gently pop the other half of the Oreo on top and carefully squeeze it together. The biscuits can easily snap and won’t stay together when dipped in chocolate so I prepared this part without the help of my Little Button.
3. Dip the Oreo Pop into the melted chocolate and cover it completely. Place on a baking tray.
4. Then get decorating! We added candy eyes and LOTS of sprinkles for the faces and used squeezy tubes of icing to add mouths, hair and fangs. We made scary monsters and mummies. To make the mummies, once you have the candy eyes on, pop in the fridge for the chocolate to harden and then pipe horizontal lines across its face using white chocolate in a piping bag.
5. When finished, leave the monsters to harden for a few hours, or if your little ones can’t wait that long pop them in the fridge to hurry it up a bit.
~ Laura xx ~