Pinterest is seriously dangerous. Every time I go onto it I seem to loss hours (literally whole evenings have disappeared) and have an overwhelming desire to make EVERYTHING on there. These edible ice cream bowls have been taunting me since last year and now there’s a bit of sunshine I couldn’t resist giving them a go.
To make 6 bowls:
- 300g white chocolate
- Lots of 100s and 1000s (about 3-4 packets)
- 6 balloons
- Break half the white chocolate into pieces and melt it in a bowl over a pan of boiling water. When the chocolate has melted, leave to cool slightly. Blow up the balloons so they are the size of a small bowl and fit comfortably into your bowl of melted chocolate.
2. Dip the bottom of the balloon into the chocolate and move it around so the chocolate evenly coats the bottom 1/4 of the balloon.
3. Pop onto a lined baking tray and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to harden. Repeat steps 1-3 adding a second layer of chocolate.
4. Pour the 100s and 1000s into a dish larger than your balloon and roll the balloon into them to cover the chocolate. Return to the fridge for a few hours to harden. Harper was desperate to
help eat the 100s and 1000s and basically spent the whole time with her hands in the bowl. I can see why though as it does look rather appealing.
5. To remove the balloon use a pair of scissors to make a little snip and slowly let the air out. Carefully peel it away from the inside of the bowl.
6. Add a few dollops of ice cream and serve!
Serious doff of my crafting hat to Christie from This Heart of Mine, for coming up with this gem of an idea! We did try a few other toppings for dipping including edible glitter and chocolate sprinkles but 100s and 1000s worked the best and stuck to the chocolate without sliding it off the balloon.
~ Laura xx ~