You may have seen my post last week on my little DIY Elf on the Shelf sewing project. I was very proud of him, I tried my bestest this time :-).
I’ve been looking at fun (non OTT!) Elf on the Shelf ideas and I thought I’d share with you my findings. I’m not a fan of the serious-effort-required ones. There are a few in the list below because I thought they were ace, but there are loads of super quick and easy ones too.
Your Mr (or Miss) Elf could be…
- Writing a letter to Father Christmas
- Drawing on bananas to turn them into minions by (Fancy Shanty)
- Playing dress up in dolls clothes
- Hiding amongst the soft toys
- Eating a yummy (milk-less!) bowl of cereal
- Colouring in a colouring book. Maybe not a precious one!
- Hiding in the fridge snuggled up in a blanket (His New Mercies)
- Having a little drive around in a toy car or truck
- Making mini pancakes (Home Stories A to Z)
- Building a cotton wool igloo (Domestic Femme)
- Making a lovely mess with a loo roll
- Opening a present
- Reading a book to the other toys.
- Skiing down the stairs (Pickle Head Soup)
- Caught by the Army and taped to a wall (Flickr pic)
- Taking a selfie on your phone
- Having a tea party with the toys
- Eating popcorn in front of the tv
- Making a mini paper chain (Love Life Celebrate)
- Drawing on daddy’s face (Melanie Lee)
- Snuggled in a little sleeping bag under the tree
- Drawing a self portrait on a chalk or white board
- Making a snow (flour!) Angel (Skinny Mom)
- Making a paper snowflake
- Playing a game, like skittles or a jigsaw puzzle
- Holding a treasure map that leads to goodies
- Playing with glitter or sequins
- building a toilet roll snowman (My Mommy Style)
- Pulling money out of a wallet
- Climbing the tree with a little climbing rope.
We’d love to hear your tried and tested Elf ideas too, please please share!