So with Mother’s Day fast approaching, we thought it was the perfect time to get the pom pom makers out, as what better way to say ‘I love you’ than with pom poms. These pom pom flowers can be made by adults or kids and if you’ve not got a present sorted yet then this is a fab last-minute project to make! Would it be wrong if we made some for ourselves?!
You will need:
- Wool in 3 colours
- Pom pom maker
- Lollipop sticks
- Green felt
- Tissue paper
- Glue gun
- Begin by wrapping wool around one half of the pom pom maker until it is full. Repeat on the other side and close the pom pom maker. If you don’t have a maker you can wrap wool around your fingers.
2. Wrap wool around the middle of the maker and tie it tightly. Cut through the loops. If you’re using your hands, ease the wool off your hands and tie around the middle. Cut through the loops as above.
To make multicoloured pom poms, repeat stage 1 using more than one coloured wool. For the heart pom pom, simply trim it to that shape.
3. To make the stem, cut a piece of green felt slightly longer than a lollipop stick and wide enough to wrap around the stick. Use a glue gun (or strong glue} to cover the stick with felt. Cut a few leaves from felt too.
4. Add a dab of glue to the top of the stick and push the pom pom on top. Then stick leaves underneath the pom poms.
5. To finish, wrap in tissue paper and tie with ribbon or bakers twine.
We made these flowers for Grandma’s birthday earlier in the year and she loved them! Happy Mother’s Day weekend.
~ Laura xx ~