Ok, so my pumpkin carving skills are r-u-b-b-i-s-h! I can just about manage eyes and a wonky mouth but that’s my lot. So instead of slaving over digging out a pumpkin with Harper I decided to try a very easy carve and a no carve version. Harper has been doing Incy Wincy Spider at school so we went with a (not so scary) spider theme.
You will need:
- Two small pumpkins
- Black and white acrylic paint
- Small black pom poms
- Black felt tip pen
- Pumpkin carving set (this is the one I used!)
- 8 black pipe cleaners
- Tealight or battery-operated light
1. Start by hollowing out one of the pumpkins and painting it black. Paint the other one white.
2. Cut out two circles for eyes and a little smile either using pumpkin carving tools or a sharp knife (adults!). Poke four pipe cleaners into each side and bend them into spidery legs. You can add a dab of glue on the inside to keep them in place. Pop a few tealights in and it’s ready to glow.
3. Glue small black pom poms all over the white pumpkin.
4. Use a black pen to draw legs, then dip the end of a paintbrush into white paint to dot two eyes onto each spider.
We’ve got loads of other Halloween craft ideas over on Halloween page!
~ Laura xx ~