Ben & Holly is one of the very few kids TV shows I can actually sit and watch without feeling like my head is in a vice. In fact I was watching it with the kids the other day when I realised they had left the room and I was still watching it. That’s my life now. So I made a little Holly wand for my neice a little while ago, because she loves Ben & Holly too. Maybe even more than me. There aren’t many pics for this tutorial I’m afraid, for some reason I totally forgot to snap!
You Will Need:
- Dark pink, light pink and white felt
- pink, red and blue embroidery thread
- length of dowel/chopstick (wand sized!)
- 3 or 4 tiny bells
- strong glue
- purple paint
1. Begin by cutting the felt using the template provided. Cut a small white circle, a large light pink circle and 2 dark pink stars.
2. Using the template as a guide, stitch the face onto the white circle. Split the thread in half to create a nice delicate line, and back stitch the design in place. Use a french knot for the centre of the eyes. Sew the white circle onto the pink circle using blanket stitch.
3. Paint the dowel purple and leave to dry. Sew the pink circle onto one of the stars in the centre with blanket stitch. Sew the 2 stars together, again with blanket stitch, but leaving a gap in the bottom, the width of one of the points.
4. Pop the bells into the gap in the star. Take the dowel and add a little glue around the top, then insert into the star. Add a bit more glue to the back of the unsewn points on the front and back of the star and press to secure, ensuring there are no gaps.
That’s it! I think this would make quite a nice Christmas present for any little Holly fans.