What better way to say Merry Christmas than with a cactus? They have gone on my Christmas list as I’ve still not got any in the house! I’m so behind the times. I wanted to make a card a few Christmas cards for my nearest and dearest that had a detachable tree decoration and cactus and pom poms popped into my mind so I gave it a whirl.
You Will Need:
- Green felt in a few shades
- Dark green and brown embroidery thread
- Thin green ribbon
- Blank white square cards and envelopes
- Mini pom poms
- PVA glue
- Green glitter
- Glue gun
- Cut out your cactus using the template in a variety of shades of green. Add the spikes using a running stitch and embroidery thread. Cut a loop of thin green ribbon and sandwich it in between the decorated cactus and a plain one.
2. Use sewing thread to blanket stitch the cactus together and glue gun a few pom poms on.
3. Draw around your decoration and add a 0.5cm border around the edges. Cut out the cactus.
4. Pop a piece of paper in the middle of the card and add glue around the edge (about 0.5cm wide) with a thin paintbrush.
5. Whilst the glue is still wet, sprinkle glitter onto the glue and shake the excess off.
6. Add a few pom poms around the rim and onto the card. Tape the tree decoration into the card on the inside.
Tia made these potato stamp and button Christmas cards a few Christmas’s ago if you’re in need of a festive card to make with little ones.
~ Laura xx ~