It’s nearly that time of year again! The day most parents just love – World Book Day. We’re here to help with 3 very simple no-sew costumes your children will love. They take very little time to make with the help of a few rolls of Duck Tape (you know how much we love this stuff by now right? Pretty much everything we make for our kids features it somewhere!). We’re starting with this one – The Queen of Hearts – and there will be two more easy ideas this week as well. Hoorah!
You will need:
❤ 2 x A5 pieces of red craft foam
❤ A5 piece of card
❤ Craft glue
❤ Roll each of gold and red Duck Tape
❤ Roll of heart washi Duck Tape
❤ Plain plastic hair band
❤ Chop stick/dowel
1. Glue the red craft foam onto the card and leave to dry. Once dry, cover the card in strips of gold Duck Tape so that none of the card can be seen, leaving the red foam exposed at the back.
2. Cut spikes along the long edge of the card to resemble those on a crown, keeping hold of the excess you cut off for the next step.
3. Stick red Duck Tape onto the foam scraps (with the gold tape on the back) and cut hearts from these shapes. Glue onto the top of the spikes and leave to dry.
4. Curl the piece around to create the crown, and seal with a little gold Duck Tape along the seam.
5. Cover the hair band in gold Duck Tape. Tape the crown onto the hair band at an angle. Add a trim with the heart Duckling Tape.
6. For the wand, cover a chop stick or length of dowel in gold tape. Add some red Duck Tape to the front and back of the remaining red foam and cut a heart shape. Glue the heart onto the top of the stick.
7. For a final touch, cut a collar of felt – we used a small bowl to get the central circle and added a band around this. Glue playing cards around the collar and secure with velcro at the back.
Voila! Amelie loved wearing this outfit. She’s nailing the off with your head look too, don’t you think?
With thanks to Duck Tape for sponsoring this post. Come back tomorrow for another easy no sew world book day costume.
Tia & Laura x