Sorry for jumping on the back-to-school bandwagon, but it IS back to school time, and for the first time ever we now have a school child too! So we’ve been thinking lots about all the things we can make to prepare for it. When our favourite magazine of all time Mollie Makes asked us to craft up some super simple vinyl lunch bags we were very happy to indulge. These are a great project to make and they don’t take long to whip up. The magazine is available now – go and buy it, it’s aces.
We’re really excited to be in August’s issue of Docrafts Creativity Magazine. They interviewed us about blogging and crafting and featured an alien book bag we made for them. We thought we’d share how to make the bag with you.
You will need:
- 3 A4 pieces of felt in 3 colours
- Square of fabric for pocket
- Mini pom poms
- Scrap of felt
- 2 X large googly eyes
- Embroidery thread
- Strong glue
- Begin by cutting out all your bag pieces:
- Front & back piece: A4 size piece of felt
- Side & bottom panels: 5cm wide x length of A4
- Handles: 3.5cm wide by length of A4. Cut four handles out of two colours
2. Follow our tutorial to stitch the bag together.