I think this has to be my favourite and simplest craft project I’ve done in a while! Pom-poms make me very happy and after seeing that they are the hottest new trend for adult sandals this summer I decided to make a version for Harper so she is beach-chic! I spent a while looking for plain sandals for little girls that weren’t really leather (so they’re easier to sew through) and found this pair in Primark.
Our Little Buttons are still all about Frozen at the moment. Will it ever end? We made them a pair of ice princess slippers. This project was super easy and really put a smile on their little faces.
You will need:
- A pair of canvas ballet shoes or pumps
- Glue on gems
- Strong glue
1. Begin by marking out your design lightly in pencil on the front of the shoes.
2. Apply a small amount of glue onto the back of a gem and use tweezers to place it onto the front of the shoe. Repeat all around your pencil markings – cover up the pencil as you go. Add a line of gems all along the rim of the shoes.
I recently bought a pair of espadrilles for my Little Button and although I liked them when I saw them in the shop I thought they were a tad plain when I got them home. Therefore, out came the embroidery threads to jazz them up.
For this project you will need:
- Pair of espadrilles
- Embroidery threads
- Begin by choosing your design and colour scheme. I sketched out a few ideas on paper first, then picked my favourite pattern, and drew that directly onto the shoes using a pencil.
2. Then simply get stitching! I used a combination of cross stitch, running stitch and back stitch.
In the run-up to giving birth, some people let their nesting instincts run wild by cleaning the house from top to bottom, over and over. But before the recent arrival of our son, I think I went a little craft crazy – as well as trying to finish off all my existing projects, I decided it would be an excellent time to make something really intricate and completely new to me!