Lately I’ve been looking for a use for a large frame I’ve had idly propped up in my bedroom for years. It was originally used to display the seating plan at our wedding and has since been without purpose… until now.
I decided to turn it into some nifty storage for sunglasses, bows and Polaroids. I hammered nails into the back and strung three lines of fishing wire across the frame – and voila!
Thinking it was retro cool, I scooped up this delightful orange dress in a jumble sale last August. But, as is often the case with clothes I buy on a whim, when I tried it on at home it was definitely on the frump side. A year later and it’s still sitting in my “alter me” pile (which, to be honest, is more of a mountain…). But, with our spanking new blog to motivate me I decided the time had come to whip out my sewing machine and do a bit of hacking. I snipped off the puffy sleeves, nipped in the waist and took about a foot off the bottom and, hey presto, a lovely new dress!