Round where we live, it seems everyone goes to town for Halloween. There’s always a steady stream of witches, ghosts, monsters and vampires knocking at our door, trick or treating. Last year I was a meanie and hid away and pretended we weren’t in as we only had a small amount of sweets to give (that I quite fancied eating!). But Harper convinced me to share them out so the two of us had a riot answering the door way past bedtime. A year later, she still talks about the time we gave out sweets.
So this year we’re all in for Halloween fun. Harper’s going trick or treating with her school buddies and the boys are at home on sweet duties. I made this wreath to hang on the door so we get spooky visitors! It’s made out of the ginormous amount of conkers my two have been squirreling away since autumn started.
You will need:
- Lots of conkers
- Glue gun
- Foam board
- Googly eyes
- Halloween-coloured pom poms
- White acrylic paint
- Cake tin lid
- Begin by glueing conkers together around your cake tin lid. This will be the outside layer of the wreath so you want to use your biggest conkers for this.
2. Glue two more layers inside the first so you have three rings of conkers. Draw around your wreath onto foam board and cut out a ring. Stick this onto the back of the wreath.
3. Paint white with several coats of paint and when the paint is dry glue googly eyes onto each conker.
4. Glue pom poms into the gaps and glue ribbon for hanging onto the back.
Voila! Now all we need is to stock up on treats to give away.
~ Laura xx ~